Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Totally Stolen from Grace - Meme, Ten on Tuesday and Stuff

cup.bud.press.stewart.145x93



lovincomfortsknits tagged me for this meme.

Here’s how it works:
Find your 5th photo file folder, then the 5th photo in that file folder.
Then pass the meme to 5 people.


OK- my husband still hasn't gotten the stuff off the hard drive of my laptop yet- and I don't have iphoto on this one yet. So This is the fifth picture off my desktop.

I don't know who to tag - so if you read this and want to do it, consider yourself tagged!!

Ten On Tuesday: 10 Favorite Ethnic Foods

1, Cavetelli & Broccoli - Italy
2. tequilla - Mexico
3. Sesame Shrimp China
4. stuffed grape leaves - Greece
5. Swedish Meatballs & Ligonberry pancakes- Sweden
6. Schnitzel & Spaetzle-Germany
7. Paella Spain
8. Blue Mountain Coffee- Jamaica
9. Sushi Japan
10.Pad Thai - Thailand



Ok- I sooo could not be a high school teacher. These kids are scary!! Mind you the fencing team has the highest average GPA of all the athletic teams at her school. Today was equipment turn in except for the boys foil team which made it to squad states. I showed up with 2 other parents to help. OMG - Before they turned in their equip - all the non-assigned equip had to be gone through and sorted ( last year was kind of unorganized because the one coach was new and the experienced coach was very ill and couldn't make it) Things like someone sort the gloves into righty and lefty and pull out any with holes or are gross and ready to walk away on their own. So after the are sorted I go to count them - apparantly some kids do not know which hand is right and left. Other very simple tasks - like make sure all the zippers work ( how do we do that?) were apparently mind boggling. After this their stuff had to be added to said piles. One kid comes up to me with a saber lame (A jacket that has metallic threads from the waist up for electronic scoring) I ask him righty lefty or back zip? He doesn't know. I ask him if he's righty or lefty. Righty. ok we can rule out lefty. Then I ask him if it zips in the front or the back?? HE DOESN'T KNOW!! I ask him if he's worn it before. He says yes. I just took it and looked. It was back zipped by the way. You would think he would remember having to get it zipped back there!!! Now everything is supposed to be WASHED before turned in. There was some really gnarly things from last years turn in - we used a sword to transfer it to the garbage bag. shudder!!


On the knitting front - I still have to take pics of the 2 cat beds, I have one breeze sock about 25% done. I haven't knit anything since Saturday though. I am trying to take my knitting mags prior to 2007, and cutting out the patterns or articles I think I may use someday and recycling the rest. As of now - SIMPLY KNITTING - the British knitting mag, seems to have the most patterns I want to save. I have bnders set up by category that I'm putting them in. So that is why no knitting for the last 3 days!


2 comments:

  1. I was in charge of uniforms for 3 years when my son was in marching band. Oh my goodness, I swear some of them had never hung anything on a hanger before. Working with teens is aggravating and fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sandy and I got you organizing your knitting patterns!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I've gotten rid of the word verification for posting comments. To tell the truth, I have trouble reading the new stuff they are using. Feel free to disagree, but spammy or obnoxious comments will not go up.